Close Menu
Spicy Creator Tips —Spicy Creator Tips —

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Brides are asking brands for free wedding swag—and posting the hauls on TikTok

    August 29, 2025

    Want to Sell More? Make Your Team Less Competitive, Not More

    August 29, 2025

    Antonela Roccuzzo and Casetify Partner for Second Collaboration

    August 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Spicy Creator Tips —Spicy Creator Tips —
    Trending
    • Brides are asking brands for free wedding swag—and posting the hauls on TikTok
    • Want to Sell More? Make Your Team Less Competitive, Not More
    • Antonela Roccuzzo and Casetify Partner for Second Collaboration
    • Platform, agency execs recommended must-read books to unwind
    • New Insights Suggest Posting Frequency Is Key to LinkedIn Success
    • These 6 apps cost more than a smartphone, but people still buy them
    • The Best Portable Printers We’ve Tested for 2025
    • This Company Gives Away 100% of Its Profits — And Its Thriving
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Ideas
    • Editing
    • Equipment
    • Growth
    • Retention
    • Stories
    • Strategy
    • Engagement
    • Modeling
    • Captions
    Spicy Creator Tips —Spicy Creator Tips —
    Home»Stories»Tony Burke says Melbourne synagogue fire an ‘attack on Australia’ as NSW man charged over incident | Australian politics
    Stories

    Tony Burke says Melbourne synagogue fire an ‘attack on Australia’ as NSW man charged over incident | Australian politics

    spicycreatortips_18q76aBy spicycreatortips_18q76aJuly 6, 2025No Comments5 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Tony Burke says Melbourne synagogue fire an ‘attack on Australia’ as NSW man charged over incident | Australian politics
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The Australian authorities has labelled the Melbourne synagogue hearth an “assault on Australia” as Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu calls for Labor do extra to cease “vile” antisemitic assaults.

    A 34-year-old man from New South Wales has appeared in courtroom, charged over allegedly getting into the grounds of the East Melbourne Hebrew congregation on Albert Avenue at about 8pm on Friday, pouring a flammable liquid on the entrance door of the constructing and setting it on hearth.

    The house affairs minister, Tony Burke, travelled to Melbourne on Sunday morning to satisfy with Jewish leaders and the synagogue’s Rabbi Dovid Gutnick, and stated the assaults harmed not solely the Jewish group, however the broader Australian group, as properly.

    “[This] will not be merely an arson assault; what issues right here is there’s an assault on Australia, an assault on Australian values. And we’re right here right this moment in solidarity to face along with the group,” he stated.

    “This authorities, together with [former attorney-general] Mark Dreyfus within the final time period of parliament, has taken the strongest actions Australia has ever taken in making hate symbols illegal, in making requires violence and hate speech have critical legal penalties. However the job of creating positive we get rid of antisemitism belongs to each single one in all us.”

    State police haven’t confirmed if two different assaults that befell on Friday evening are linked.

    Burke additionally confirmed he had spoken to Israel’s ambassador to Australia, who thanked him for travelling to Melbourne to go to the synagogue and condemning the assault.

    Earlier on Sunday, Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu referred to as the assaults “reprehensible” in a sequence of posts on X.

    “The reprehensible antisemitic assaults, with calls of ‘Dying to the IDF’ and an try to assault a spot of worship, are extreme hate crimes that have to be uprooted.

    “The State of Israel will proceed to face alongside the Australian Jewish group, and we demand that the Australian authorities take all motion to cope with the rioters to the fullest extent of the legislation and stop comparable assaults sooner or later.”

    Netanyahu was joined on social media by Israeli president Isaac Herzog, who in a single day stated on X that he “condemn[ed] outright the vile arson assault concentrating on Jews in Melbourne’s historic and oldest synagogue on the Sabbath” and that the assault have to be Australia’s “final”.

    “It’s insupportable that in 2025, we’re nonetheless confronted with the chilling picture of an try to burn Jews alive as they pray, and assaults on Jewish companies,” he stated, urging the federal government to confront the “stain” of antisemitism with “urgency and resolve”.

    International minister for Israel, Gideon Sa’ar, stated on Saturday by way of X that Israel “stands firmly with the Jewish group in Australia” and that the Australian authorities “should do extra to struggle this toxic illness”.

    Sarah Schwartz, government officer of the Jewish Council of Australia, condemned the arson assault and stated assaults on synagogues have been “assaults on the whole Jewish group”, including that the council stood in solidarity with these affected.

    skip previous publication promotion

    Signal as much as Breaking Information Australia

    Get crucial information because it breaks

    Privateness Discover: Newsletters could include data about charities, on-line advertisements, and content material funded by exterior events. For extra info see our Privateness Coverage. We use Google reCaptcha to guard our web site and the Google Privateness Coverage and Phrases of Service apply.

    after publication promotion

    “All individuals are entitled to practise their faith in security,” she advised Guardian Australia on Sunday. She stated the act of antisemitism had been “used for political acquire, to smear the Palestine solidarity motion”.

    “These responses gas division. We urge politicians to not have interaction in kneejerk responses, and to as a substitute help grassroots efforts between communities to fight racism.”

    Government Council of Australian Jewry co-chief government Alex Ryvchin stated the occasions have been a “extreme escalation” and that the antisemitism disaster was “getting worse”.

    “Those that chant for demise are usually not peace activists. Those that would burn homes of prayer with households inside don’t search an finish to struggle. There’s a violent ideology at work in our nation that operates on the fringes of politics and social actions, that faucets into anger and prejudice,” he stated in an announcement.

    Opposition communications spokesperson Melissa McIntosh advised the ABC Insiders program on Sunday “one thing must be completed” to stop ongoing assaults.

    McIntosh additionally described the incident as an assault on “all Australians” and pushed the Albanese authorities to higher defend the Jewish group in Australia.

    “Why isn’t [Albanese] convening nationwide cupboard and bringing the states along with urgency to handle this difficulty? There’s quite a few issues that the federal government may very well be doing but,” she stated.

    “We’re sitting right here right this moment discussing one other horrible assault the place there are children contained in the synagogue. The individual lit the synagogue, a spot of worship, when households have been inside. That’s such a disgusting assault, a hateful assault on Australians.”

    Burke stated now was a second for “unity”, and he wouldn’t touch upon whether or not the federal government would name a nationwide cupboard assembly in response to the assault.

    attack Australia Australian Burke charged fire incident man Melbourne NSW politics synagogue Tony
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    spicycreatortips_18q76a
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Gaza starvation is real and it is happening now, UN World Food Programme says – Middle East crisis live | World news

    August 29, 2025

    Outback Wrangler star Matt Wright found guilty on two charges after fatal helicopter crash | Darwin

    August 29, 2025

    BBC World Service – Global News Podcast, America marks the 20th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina

    August 29, 2025

    Porepunkah police shooting: two people arrested in late-night raid as manhunt for suspect Dezi Freeman continues | Porepunkah shooting

    August 29, 2025

    Australia news live: severe weather due in Porepunkah as manhunt continues; Roo-ver to head to moon | Australia news

    August 28, 2025

    Want to make change? Let the kids tell their stories | Anshul Tewari

    August 28, 2025
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss
    Growth

    Brides are asking brands for free wedding swag—and posting the hauls on TikTok

    August 29, 2025

    When an influencer will get married, it’s protected to imagine a lot of the associated…

    Want to Sell More? Make Your Team Less Competitive, Not More

    August 29, 2025

    Antonela Roccuzzo and Casetify Partner for Second Collaboration

    August 29, 2025

    Platform, agency execs recommended must-read books to unwind

    August 29, 2025
    Our Picks

    Four ways to be more selfish at work

    June 18, 2025

    How to Create a Seamless Instagram Carousel Post

    June 18, 2025

    Up First from NPR : NPR

    June 18, 2025

    Meta Plans to Release New Oakley, Prada AI Smart Glasses

    June 18, 2025
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    About Us

    Welcome to SpicyCreatorTips.com — your go-to hub for leveling up your content game!

    At Spicy Creator Tips, we believe that every creator has the potential to grow, engage, and thrive with the right strategies and tools.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Our Picks

    Brides are asking brands for free wedding swag—and posting the hauls on TikTok

    August 29, 2025

    Want to Sell More? Make Your Team Less Competitive, Not More

    August 29, 2025
    Recent Posts
    • Brides are asking brands for free wedding swag—and posting the hauls on TikTok
    • Want to Sell More? Make Your Team Less Competitive, Not More
    • Antonela Roccuzzo and Casetify Partner for Second Collaboration
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Disclaimer
    • Get In Touch
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    © 2025 spicycreatortips. Designed by Pro.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.